At Shefman Law, not only are we Austin’s premier motorcycle accident attorneys, we’re also riders ourselves. Because of this, we’re as excited as anyone about all of the great events that tend to land in the early spring. One of our favorite local events is the Thunder on the Colorado festival, which opens up on March 14th and runs through March 16th. Featuring a downtown parade in nearby Smithville as well as a great juried bike show, Thunder on the Colorado is the perfect way to start the major ride season. As members of the local bike community, the motorcycle injury lawyers at Shefman Law are excited to start the season right with the rest of our fellow riders.
One of our favorite events associated with Thunder on the Colorado is the fun run that happens every year. Although every biker loves a good fun run ride, we wouldn’t be great motorcycle injury lawyers if we didn’t remind you of a few tips to keep in mind when enjoying the open road. As much as we advocate for safe and open roads for all recreational users of motorcycles and bicycles, we’re sadly aware of the danger posed by motorcycle accidents and motorcycle injuries. Going into Thunder on the Colorado, here’s what you should do in case of a motorcycle crash:
– First and foremost, call 911. Getting adequate help after a motorcycle accident is a must.
– Do not refuse medical treatment, as adrenaline may mask serious injuries.
– Make sure the police take a report and record driver and witness information. We’ve created our very own app to make sure you can record and document any information you may need later on if taking your case to trial.
– Take photos of damaged vehicles, debris in roadway, skid marks, injuries, insurance cards, drivers’ licenses, and street/intersection where crash occurred.
– Do not discuss liability with other driver.
– Maintain articles of clothing damaged or marked by the collision.
– Contact Shefman Law, Austin’s very best personal injury attorneys, to speak with a skilled bike accident lawyer.
As we get into one of the heaviest ride seasons of the year, and start to approach great events like Thunder on the Colorado, it’s important that you keep your safety in mind. We hope you enjoy the open roads of Texas, and make sure to contact Shefman Law anytime you’re in need of an effective and determined motorcycle injury attorney.